Rojas & Asociados believes that today, Corporate Social Responsibility should be part of the operation of any company with a social conscience. Corporate Social Responsibility or CSR is where community and companies get in contact. The company wants to offer more to society, and the latter, in turn, calls for social involvement and sensitivity from the companies, beyond production and profits. CSR cannot be defined solely as the actions that the company runs a social nature, but also a form of management.
Rojas & Asociados’ CSR policy of is based on the following pillars:
Rojas believes that each person on the planet must do their part to protect it as well as companies. Along these lines, we have evaluated our direct impacts and defined some guidelines to reduce them:
- First of all, we conduct our exploration programs in a safe and responsible manner, taking care of the environment as well as people and wildlife, keeping close consideration of our clients’ policies as well as our own.
- Use of paper and other materials, promote the use of sustainable practices in our suppliers and keep our use of materials and to a minimum. Waste materials are recycled.
- Reduction: prioritize the use of online systems to reduce paper use.
Rojas has defined some special fields of work, where it focuses whenever planning a new program or project.
- Child Malnutrition: We contribute to organizations focused on improving child nutrition, key to developing full intellectual capacity. For the country’s growth, future generations need more education which in turn will grant them more chances.
- Animal Protection: We work with organizations that aim to protect animals from neglect and violence.
We undertake a number of outreach activities closeby to the communities where we conduct our work for clients.
- Information on mining to the community: we have communication and information programs and contribute to entities that have the same aim.
- Education: We regularly recruit interns in careers related to our line of business -geology, environment and communication mostly-. We’ve had students continue their training with us; some of them have stayed or come back once graduated.
Rojas develops its business in an ethical fashion, from being a fair employer and not discriminating by gender, nationality, or any other criteria, to zero tolerance for illegal payments to representatives of any entity with which we interact.